Lower Back Pain
While lower back pain may have wreaked havoc on your health, chiropractic care can help you fully recover. Chiropractic care works to address the root cause of a patient's pain while improving their overall health and well-being. Are you suffering from lower back pain? Please book an appointment with Bove Family Chiropractic in Norristown for pain management. Our chiropractor is passionate about providing our patients the testing and treatment they need to get back to living a healthy and pain-free life.
Symptoms of Lower Back Pain
How can you tell you have lower back pain? If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, you may be suffering from lower back pain:
- Pain that worsens when you stand or sit
- Dull or achy pain in the lower back
- Troubling muscle spasms and stiffness in the hips, pelvis, and lower back
- Hitches in walking or standing in a straight position
- Numbness in legs or groin
Common Causes of Lower Back Pain
There are many causes of lower back pain. However, the most common causes of lower back pain we see at our clinic include:
- Degenerative disc disease: As people age, their discs may lose hydration. After the disc loses hydration, it's unable to resist force, thereby transmitting force to the disc wall, which may develop tears, causing pain or weakening, culminating in a herniation.
- Sprains and strains: These are the most typical causes of lower back pain. This pain is triggered by lifting heavy objects or lifting them awkwardly, injuring back muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Falls, slips, sports injuries, and car accidents can cause sprains and strains.
- Scoliosis: The abnormal positioning of your spine may cause back pain and other discomforts.
- Sciatica: The damage to the sciatic nerve may cause pain that radiates from the lower back to the lower extremities.
- Poor posture: Incorrect posture when sleeping, lifting weights, or sitting may put excessive pressure on the spine, causing pain.
How Our Chiropractor Can Help
When you visit us at Bove Family Chiropractic, our team will provide a comprehensive analysis to establish the cause of your lower back pain. The diagnosis involves assessing your symptoms, a physical examination, and x-ray images if necessary.
After proper diagnosis, our chiropractor will create a personalized treatment plan. Other than chiropractic adjustments, we may use treatment options like:
- Muscle therapy
- Nutritional counseling
- Lifestyle changes
- Stretching exercises
Visit Us for Lower Back Pain Treatment in Norristown, PA
When you have lower back pain, it's important to visit a reputable chiropractor to examine and treat your back. If you are in Norristown, don't hesitate to contact our chiropractor at Bove Family Chiropractic for back pain relief.